Hello tool enthusiasts!
After the release of "Ball of Woe" I gave myself an early Christmas present - and took a few weeks 'off' to develop our new tool: "Tidy Text Adventures".
Tidy Text Adventures is a zero-code-required tool allowing you to build Text-based Adventure Games right inside Unity. That means... you can build them to whatever platform you wish to - and generally enjoy all of the benefits Unity has to offer.
So how does it work, in general?
- You create a new Adventure.
- You create a Room and put it in your World Map (see above).
- You create an Item and put it in your Room.
- You create some UseCases with which your player can interact with the Item (e.g: "Smash Teapot with Hammer")
- You add some Language with which the player will drive the world ("North","South","Look", "Take")
- You press 'Play'!
And some of the features?
- Super-intuitive design layout.
- Contextual help for every field.
- Inbuilt scheduled backup system - never lose your work!
- Styled UI provided - all you need to do is make your Adventure and press 'Play!'
- Full source code provided. Because people seem to like that.
- The same obsessive support you've come to expect from me.
That's really the sum of it.
A pure, simple form of gaming using the most powerful graphics processor known to man: The human mind.
(That's a paraphrased reference to The Big Bang Theory)
You can play a short demo right here - during which you explore the trials and tribulations of making my morning coffee: "Hello, Strawman".
The tool was approved in record time and caught me unawares - so I'm busy stocking the documentation site and making help videos. In the meantime, have an explore - it has contextual help and is very intuitive to use.